Our client is a leader in the sales & distribution sector in Ireland. Theyare seeking a Dairy/Food Scientist with experience in Food Testing to join an established motivated Life Science Sales team. A BSc in Food/ Dairy or Biology would be ideal along with strong technical & sales experience across the Dairy & Food Sectors in Ireland.
- Increase market share by developing new and existing accounts into long-term and profitable relationships through a robust sales and discovery process.
- Interacts and influences at all levels of a customer’s management structure.
- Develops customer acquisition and account growth strategies and lead them through execution.
- Supports the development of the strategic customer initiatives to deliver customer goals.
- Negotiate, maintain, and renew customer contracts.
- Create innovative sales programs; identifying and acting on selling opportunities, responding to competitor activities, making effective sales presentations and making effective use of sales data.
- Support company growth initiatives with developed strategic objectives including clear and concise action plans.
- Effectively communicating with Head of Sales & Director of Sales regarding accounts, competition, business opportunities and business developments.
- Act as the customer’s representative and primary customer contact. Co-ordinate resources for the customer to increase the customer experience.
- Understand all features and capabilities of the product range and services and be able to communicate them to the customer.
- Uses internal resources and operational support to accelerate growth and profitability for assigned accounts.
- Continuously cultivates relationships with clients and internal departments through frequent discussion and interaction.
- Forges meaningful relationships with new and existing clients to increase revenue.
- Grow business by anticipating customer needs, determining appropriate solutions to business problems, and providing an overall high level of customer service.
- Meeting potential new customers by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Honours Degree in Dairy Science or Food Science preferred (other science related subjects may be considered).
- 5 years minimum sales experience in relevant field of technical sales or similar experience in the dairy industry preferred.
- Experience of food quality and safety testing desirable.
- Experience in developing sales plans, comfortable speaking profit & loss and developing sales forecasts
- Complex solution or consultative selling experience preferred
- Experience managing a geographical dispersed customer base – covering all of Ireland
- Comprehensive understanding of the importance of food safety testing in the Irish dairy and food industries.
- Understanding of dairy Industry customers’ business environment and challenges to leverage offerings
- Ability to establish a rapport and develop long-term relationships with prospective clients
- High-proficiency negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to collaborate with field sales, technical services and other cross-functional partners to solve problems and deliver profitable solutions to customers
For further details contact Karen Shiel at 087 7452487 for a confidential discussion or send CV to email@example.com