The role of the Product Specialist as part of the European Medical Information organization is to
act as the European Medical Information Subject Matter Expert (SME) with very comprehensive,
detailed and specific subject matter knowledge. She/he supports the frontline Medical Information
colleagues and ensures comparable standards for answers to customers within Medical Information
- Provide answers for specific, detailed requests related to his/her therapeutic area (TA) in
English and French.
- Is accountable for planning, researching and writing scientifically complex, high quality,
balanced, scientifically based, consistent and accurate medical information responses for use by
internal business partners to answer unsolicited external customer questions and from internal
- Maintain broad knowledge of medical information resources; able to easily access and expertly
integrate data and information from various sources and technologies to address customer needs
across regions, functions, and phases of drug development.
- Manage issues and crisis management to his/her TA.
- Is accountable for identifying new ways of doing business and/or replicate best practices with
regional/global application to promote consistency and proactively communicates to facilitate
- Cooperate with key personnel to analyze metrics for applicable TA.
- Maintain and develop product and disease training for Medical Information.
- Enable requests to be answered in a timely manner with the lowest cost and effort, through
training and quality monitoring of responses to support First Touch Point Resolution.
- Continuously monitor requests and awareness of products, competitors and TA changes/issues in
order to identify new topics coming up from the markets, since this may require new/updated
standard answers, databases and trainings.
- Create enduring materials to maximize medical information dissemination that has broad
- Provide formal or informal coaching to others in the function, across geographies, or other
departments by sharing scientific therapeutic expertise and medical information, give guidance, and
answer questions across regions, functions and phases of drug development.
- Responsible for product training and processes to support Medical Information in answering
- Responsible to provide support for the front line in answering customer questions according to
the business continuity plan.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation of the new organizational structure in Europe.
- Support the operations on Alliances partnership when Medical Information is involved.
- Build/manage relationships with colleagues in the centralized European Medical Information
- Partner with Global Medical Information organization.
- Foster interaction and teamwork with global counterparts and across Medical to ensure successful
regional launches and ensure regional needs are incorporated into global work plans.
- Actively participate in the Business Unit TA organization for the region.
Specialist Know How
- Acquire, develop and maintain extensive know-how related to his/her specialist-matter
- Acquire, develop and maintain extensive know-how related to the therapeutic area of his/her
- Keep up-to-date with competitor product knowledge and competitive market position, global
developments and changes related to his/her subject matter.
Additional Responsibilities in case the affiliate delegates Responsible Pharmacist duties:
- Responsible for the delegated Responsible Pharmacist duties on Medinfo activities and local
specification of regulations are taken into account:
o Responsible for compliance with the requirement for information on the company’s products aligned with
the ethical principles in the Public Health Code
- Pharmacist, physician or university degree in natural science, or relevant equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Medical Information
- Effective telephone communication and computer skills
- Strong medical writing skills required; able to translate complex medical information and data
into a succinct, technically correct, readable document that customers are able to read and use to
make clinical decisions.
- Experience in applying the principles of Evidence Based Medicine in searching, analyzing and
writing medical information.
- Experience with entering data into databases, performing medical literature searches and
evaluation of the medical literature
- Use creative and innovative thinking, techniques and tools to business advantage
- Advanced written and verbal English & French skills
- Experience in using validated quality systems or databases
- Experience in product launch
- Ability to work across functional and geographical boundaries
- Ability to influence others without direct supervision
- A writing exercise is required as a part of the candidate evaluation process.
Additional Qualification Requirements in case the affiliate delegates Responsible Pharmacist
- Very good knowledge of the country national regulations
- Analytical and evaluation capacity
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €35,000.00 to €48,000.00 /year
- Pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)