- Level 7 qualification or above in Education
- Ability to work with, care for and supervise young persons
- Flexible – willing and able to adapt to changing circumstances, shift patterns and expectations
- Clean driving licence
- Previous experience in a Residential Social Care role
- Driving licence held for 12 months
- To work as a member of a residential team to create a safe and caring environment which meets the individual and group needs of the children who live there.
- To develop appropriate professional relationships with children and parent/carers
- To assist in the day-to-day care and supervision of children and young people within the home including engaging with them in activities such as housework, maintenance of clothing, cooking and personal care.
- To assist with the supervision and purchase of clothing for young people, the care of furnishings and household equipment and undertake household and domestic duties which are appropriate to the care of young people.
- To accompany the children and young people, when necessary, to places of worship; holidays; outings and on other occasions.
- To contribute to the development of the young people, through the promotion & provision of a healthy lifestyle.
- To assist in facilitating personal education plans for young people and ensure that recreational and leisure activities are organised as required.
- To support the young person’s development in both personal and social skills.
- To be sensitive to the needs of individual children/young people, taking account of race, culture, language and religion
- To initiate and maintain appropriate contact with parents/carers, teachers and other professional staff and agencies acting in the best interests of the children/young people at all times.
- Establish and maintain contact with the local community and thereby facilitate the involvement of the young people in outside activities.
- To contribute to the multi-disciplinary assessment of resident needs and the development of appropriate care plans to meet such needs
- To support key workers in their work with individual children and where appropriate to undertake key worker responsibilities
- To contribute to and participate in team meetings, core group meetings, Care planning meetings/ Looked After Review meetings and other meetings as required.
- Participate, as appropriate, in implementing the care plan and placement plan for each child and young person in the home.
- Contribute to the maintenance of appropriate records particularly those detailing observations and/or assessment of the children/young person and those required to comply with statutory requirements and Ashdale Care (Ireland) policies and procedures.
- Undertake duties in connection with the proper receipt, recording and safe keeping of monies and valuables within the home.
- To share relevant information with colleagues and managers e.g. at changeover, and team meetings.
- To inform line managers of any matters of concern in relation to the welfare of the children/young people including any concerns regarding the behaviour or practice of other staff.
- To be aware of Health and Safety at Work requirements as they pertain to this post and comply with Ashdale Care (Ireland) policies and procedures.
- To participate in formal supervision in accordance with Ashdale Care (Ireland) &supervision policy.
- To maintain confidentiality in respect of staff and children/young people at all times.
- To participate in staff training programmes as appropriate.
- To undertake ‘sleeping in’ duties as required.
Full-Time: 169 hours per month - Evening & weekend work as well as unsociable hours will be part of the job, including waking night and/or sleep-in duties.
Part Time: 140 hours per month - Evening & weekend work as well as unsociable hours will be part of the job, including waking night and/or sleep-in duties.
Bank / Relief positions are also available.
This job description is not definitive or restrictive and should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the post holder will work. It will be subject to periodic review in order to ensure it continues to meet the future needs of ASHDALE CARE (Ireland) Ltd.