Amundi is Europe's largest asset manager by assets under management and ranks in the top 101 globally. It manages 1.476 trillion2 euros of assets across six main investment hubs3. Amundi offers its clients in Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the Americas a wealth of market expertise and a full range of capabilities across the active, passive and real assets investment universes. Clients also have access to a complete set of services and tools. Headquartered in Paris, Amundi was listed in November 2015.
Thanks to its unique research capabilities and the skills of close to 4,500 team members and market experts based in 37 countries, Amundi provides retail, institutional and corporate clients with innovative investment strategies and solutions tailored to their needs, targeted outcomes and risk profiles.
1 Source IPE “Top 400 asset managers” published in June 2018 and based on AUM as of end December 2017
2 Amundi figures as of March 31, 2018
3 Investment hubs: Boston, Dublin, London, Milan, Paris and Tokyo
Types of Jobs - Asset Management
The Financial Risk manager for AIL is in charge of assessing financial risks of Amundi funds/mandates and to report/advise to Senior Management and the Board of Directors of the adequate financial risk appetite for products developed and monitored under his/her responsibility. The role is responsible for implementing appropriate controls in line with industry best practice, CBI and Legal requirements and Amundi Group risk policy.
The Financial Risk manager will monitor on ongoing basis the financial risk framework both for portfolios managed directly by AIL and delegated investment managers, working with internal and external parties for the resolution of any violation of financial risk limits.
The Risk Manager for financial risk is responsible for providing the Board, the Risk Management Committee, external and Senior Management with regular reports on the risk framework and violations.
- Being responsible for the financial risk framework for Investment products in AIL
- Provide oversight and reporting for DP Fund Risk Management under CP86 requirements
- Define and present to the Board the correct financial risk appetite of products developed in AIL or under management of AIL
- Translate the risk appetite in tangible limits (exposures, VAR, TE, liquidity, etc..) to be assigned to each product
- Define stress scenarios (liquidity and marker risk) to each portfolio
- Monitor the limits, escalate and follow up violations according to the Amundi escalation procedure
- Review monthly financial risk reports received by external managers and liaise with external risk managers to resolve violations/ issues
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews of portfolios under his/her responsibility
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports on violations and other financial risk matters to the Board, Risk Management Committee, Clients and Senior Manager
- Liaise with the local regulator on financial risk matters
- Collaborate with Risk Management teams in Amundi in developing the group risk framework
Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree / BSc Degree or equivalent;
- FRM or CFA qualification.
- 8+ year's experience with a proven track-record in the risk management field, ideally from an Asset Management background.
- Experience of dealing with senior management and interacting at Board level.
- Initiative /self-starter
- Problem solving ability
- Knowledge of financial services operations including equity, fixed income and derivative instruments
- Familiarity with CP86 requirements for Fund Risk Management
- Prior PCF39 approval
- Experience in valuation of financial instruments
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong analytical/quantitative skills;
- Team player
- Proficient MS Excel user
- Data Mining experience
- VBA and SQL an advantage