Please Note Xplore is acting as a recruiter on behalf of PSA Academies
Job Title: Head Strength & Conditioning Coach (25+)
Location: Various sites across Ireland
Contract: 5th - 17th July & 2nd - 21st August
Salary: €24, 700.00 (per annum)
Hours of work: 48 hours per week
Reporting to: Rugby Director
Established in November 2015 by Philippe Saint-André, Ian Lewis and Graham Ross, PSA Academies has quickly established itself as one of Europes foremost high-performance sport development businesses.
Launching with the Tignes Rugby Academy in July 2016, PSA Academies has shakenup the youth sports camp market in rugby. This is a result of delivering a highperformance programme that offers a unique, transformative experience for youngplayers. Critically, compared to other operators, our programmes are trulyplayer-centric, combining a lower coach-to-player ratio, detailed playerassessment reporting and a commitment to getting to know and understanding ourplayers in order to deliver the maximum positive impact on their playing andoverall personal development.
We understand that a companys values and mission are very important, as is a commitment by us to support and develop you professionally and personally, not just during your time at camp but in your future career. By accepting a position with PSA Academies, you will be joining a group of highly committed, talented and like-minded sports lovers on a mission to deliver a fantastic, life changing experience for our customers, ambitious players and their families.
What Will You Do?
The Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Ireland will lead on thedelivery of our high performance physical training and testing programme forour 10 to 17 year old players, with the three major programme objectives of;
Establishing the baselinephysical abilities of all players across a range of age-appropriate tests,supporting the Player Development Reporting team in delivering the results tothe players and their parents post-camp.
Delivering ageappropriate physical exercises to develop literacy, resilience and strength forour players.
Developing theknowledge and understanding of players around your programme and why it isimportant for their long term physical and rugby development in a positive andengaging way through the Academy programme.
- Have a full cleanDrivers Licence.
- Have a validfirst aid certificate.
- Holdindustry-based S&C qualifications.
- Have relevant work experience in top club, schoolor professional sporting environments.
- Be passionateabout working with young athletes.
- Demonstratevaried leadership and managerial skills.
- Be able tocommunicate using varying methods.
- Have provenplanning & organisational skills.
- Have theability to apply and monitor delegation of tasks.
- Be adaptable.
- Be a positiverole model.
- Be a teamplayer.
- Be driven byhigh performance standards.
- Be flexible tomeet the demands of the job.
- Be able to understand, meet and exceed company and client expectations.
- Gain satisfactoryDBS and/or IRFU Garda Vetting clearance.
High Performance Experience
- Understand that there may be players at differentlevels. At all times coaches must treat individuals equally and work hardto develop each individual to the best of their abilities no matter theirlevel.
- Set high standards for yourself, your team, allAcademy staff & the players. Lead, motivate, challenge but always with ahigh degree of emotional intelligence.
- Provide notes and feedback on each session to include content deliveredand possible future improvements.
- Attend and constructively feedback into twice daily rugby programmeplanning/review meetings plus the ongoing WhatsApp communications required todeliver a high-quality programme.
Delivery ofPlayer Development Reports
- Plan deliverand record base line physical conditioning assessments for all players withineach programme.
- Analysephysical testing results to offer specific future development points for eachplayer.
Health, Safety and Security
- In accordancewith Company documentation, to oversee the Health, Safety and Security ofanyone under your responsibility
- In accordance with Company documentation, tooversee the Health, Safety and Security of anyone under your responsibility
- To ensure the recording of injuries,accidents and other safety issues in accordance with PSA Academies processes.
- To feed back to the Academy Manager anyH&S issues, incidents or operational improvements
- To quickly and calmly coordinate thetreatment of any person requiring first aid help.
- Be familiar with your responsibilities inline with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and proactivelyenforce these principles while working for PSA Academies.
- Promptly and confidentially communicate withthe any safeguarding concerns to the Academy Manager and/or Operations Manager
- Deliver all sessions in accordance with RFURegulation 15
Weare looking for:
- Understanding of & commitment to the deliveryof a high-performance sports environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Highly organised, with a high level attention todetail
- Competency with key technologyassociated with the Academy programme Flexible andadaptable approach to work
To Apply please click the green 'Apply for this job' button
Simon Catton : HR Manager
T: 01449 778 296