Project Controls Manager
Staff Position - Dublin
Our client are a firm of consulting project managers with an expanding portfolio of clients across a number of real estate and engineering sectors.
As part of their continued growth strategy they have identified a role for a Project Controls Manager within their client service offering. Initially, this will be very much a hands on role, directly managing the programme management and cost functions of a number of projects at a macro level.
The successful applicant will be part of the company’s senior management team and will be part of the business development function for the service line and also leading the further development of the service line including recruitment, P&L management and team leadership.
**This is an opportunity to build your own team, with the support of the company directors, with an existing client portfolio that is waiting to be further nurtured. It will suit an ambitious candidate seeking a “career move” into a leadership role within an ambitious expanding and dynamic organisation.
- Bio Pharma / Life Sciences
- Mission Critical Projects
- Commercial Real Estate Development.
- Large Scale Infrastructure Development.
- Residential / Mixed Use Development - €50m +
IT Systems / Software Experience:
- Primavera P6
- MS Project
- Asta Power Project.
- Plus the standard Microsoft suite of Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Opportunity to join a successful, dynamic and growing organisation in an exciting new role.
- The Project Controls Manager shall own and lead the project controls function within the organisation reporting directly to a nominated Director with the support of and in support to Project Managers across the organisation in delivering a project controls service.
- Oversee the future growth of Project Controls within the organisation including recruitment, training and development of project controls resources.
- The role shall be primarily based in Dublin, however there will be requirement to visit project sites and company offices in Ireland.
- Ultimately develop the function into a standalone function within the business.
As this is a lead role within the organisation previous experience in the Irish market is seen as a prerequisite.
- Providing a holistic view of Cost / Schedule / Risk on projects, ensuring all data is consistent and aligned given their interdependency.
- Maintain & update Project Controls systems and procedures on an on-going basis.
- Future recruitment of project controls resources.
- Planning and managing overall project controls workload and support to projects.
- Support and input to detailed project proposals.
- Ownership of Project Controls inputs to Project Execution Plans (PEP)
- Develop and manage a robust as-built vault (Cost / Schedule / Risk) for future use / benchmarking and use on similar projects.
Project Planning & Scheduling:
- Development and implementation of acceptable planning and scheduling techniques and methods.
- Supporting project team in the development of the project plan and translating to the project schedule.
- Monitoring and updating accurate schedule progress towards achieving the desired project completion date and informing the project management team of changes to schedule outcome.
- Prepare and provide schedule progress reports, trending charts and schedule analysis. Maintain records of scope changes, trends and variances that potentially affect schedule performance.
- Assuring credibility of the information contained in the schedule.
- Developing and recording the projects historical schedule information and lessons learned for use on future projects.
- Develop and implement standard Cost Control, Cost Reporting and Change Management Templates.
- Participate and input to the development of project budgets, including project contingency.
- Ensuring a seamless transition of assigning control budget within cost reports based on cost estimates.
- Ensuring 3rd party Cost Consultant and Main Contractor are aligned with Cost requirements as per PEP.
- Oversee and provide inputs on the run-down of project cost contingency.
- Facilitate / Support Risk Management process in conjunction with Project Manager – depending on project scale or importance.
- Ensuring all risks and mitigation plans are captured in cost reports and project programme.
- On-going evaluation of the Risk Register, challenging project team on the mitigation plans.
- Performing Risk Analysis on Cost Estimates (Project Final Cost) and Project Programmes (Forecast Completion) during the lifecycle of projects.
Personal Characteristics / Skills:
- Ability to interpret complex and dynamic data (Schedule / Cost / Risk)
- Have sound analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Effective presentation skills at all levels within project hierarchy.
- Ability to adapt quickly to ever changing conditions within project environment.
- Actively seeking to solve problems / challenges at all times.
- Demonstrate good leadership.
Qualification / Experience
- Ideally Degree qualified in an Engineering / Construction / Project Management discipline.
- Min 10 years experience in project environments.
- Ideally have experienced the full lifecycle of a project from concept to completion.
- MS Project / PowerProject / Primavera P6 and some level of exposure and use of Risk Analysis software.
- EPC / EPCM, D&B and traditional procurement experience desired.
Elysearch & Placement are an Executive Search & Recruitment Consultancy offering permanent staff and contract solutions to clients across the Engineering, Real Estate & Corporate Finance sectors. We currently have active requirements across the island of Ireland and Greater London area. Our experienced consultants all have specific industry expertise enabling us to recruit and match the right people to our clients’ vacancies. The majority of our current live jobs can be seen on the Elysearch & Placement website.
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Sick pay
- Company pension
Reference ID: JKPCM00083
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Project Controls: 9 years (Preferred)