Site Engineer required for a Tier 1 Main Building Contractor to work on a large-scale building project in Galway. The ideal candidate will have strong setting-out experience which will be their main responsibility initially. The successful Site Engineer can expect to be based on this project for 2 years before moving on to other projects with our client in the region. If you are looking to move back to the west and develop your career with a Tier 1 Contractor this is the role for you.
- Setting-out from engineers’ drawings, site surveys, as-built drawings
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/general workforce on site
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure programme targets are achieved
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate
- Ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records – site diary, concrete cube register, records of deliveries etc.
- Engineering Degree/Diploma
- Experience on RC Frame building projects.
- Proficiency in use of Engineers Level, EDM/Total Station
- 3+ years’ experience with a main building contractor in Ireland or UK.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivating to deliver on safety, quality & programme
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Full driving license
- Great benefits package
- Travel allowance
If you are a Site Engineer considering a career move, please feel to send your CV or contact Declan Hasson for a confidential discussion. GPC will not send any applicants CV’s to clients without a full discussion and prior consent. GPC is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Dublin and has more than 21 years’ experience working in the recruitment of construction professionals within Ireland and Internationally.
For further information
contact Declan Hasson on
01 207 8990