We are hiring an applications programmer to assist a global team of working directly with the Fixed Income Trader in Emerging Markets. This is a front office IT role with direct interaction with the quant business strategists, front line traders, and trade support as well as the larger IT community that supports the trading desks.
The primary language we employ is Python, and the successful candidate will be working on Python applications within Strategic Risk management system, a platform for rapid financial application development. It includes globally replicated Object Oriented databases, fast and reliable middleware, and stream processing libraries that help compose unique views for a WPF based UI. We do not have business analysts and as such the candidate will need to be able to gather complex requirements directly from the users and support, then implement them independently, and automatically regression test. This is a role that can bring recognition as your primary goal is to change the application to fit any unforeseen critical business needs, and the business really appreciates every delivery in this area.
- Work with the trading desk, support and quants to analyse requirements, maximize personal interactions in a global world.
- Rapidly turn requirements into high quality applications which are robust enough for a trading desk, and minimize risk.
- Take responsibility for code personally by understanding the application, while staying focused on development of new code
- Be prepared to work with minimal supervision and without detailed specifications
- Contribute to the larger IT community. We operate an “open source” policy and everybody can see everybody else’s code.
- Be interested in finance and motivated to continually learn on the job
Skills Required :
- 5 years of professional programming experience with hands on Python work experience
- KDB, ZeroMQ, Restful techniques, Windows UI, HTML5, React, Node, object oriented databases, automated testing
- Experience of message oriented middleware, asynchronous patterns.
- Relational databases and/or NOSQL databases
- Experience of Agile software development process is desirable
- Must be able to communicate effectively with IT colleagues and our quant/business partners
- Large independent achievements within Front office technology teams.
- Experience working with Quantitative partners on integration of models into productions systems.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- do you have any experience of Front office domain: 1 year (Preferred)
- Python: 2 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19