West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2018 sales of $1.7 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
Reporting directly to the Automation Director this role is responsible for supporting manufacturing and contributing to the development and implementation of the business manufacturing strategy. Specifying, purchasing, integrating and managing the implementation of new manufacturing solutions to meet the requirements of customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for leading/managing key activities within the development engineering department
- Manage new equipment process and product introduction projects working alongside development engineers.
- Develop and implement manufacturing strategy to meet customer needs.
- Establish and manage project teams, identifying deliverables, time and cost, setting priorities and reporting to meet the needs of the business and the customer.
- Establishes relationships with the customers and equipment suppliers in pursuit of new business, product development, manufacturing process development, continuous improvement and on-going business development.
- Manage equipment suppliers ensuring delivery meets specification, cost and time.
- Ensure that new equipment meets the regulatory requirements of the business, validation, health and safety etc.
- Install new equipment with appropriate training and hand over to operations
- Work with all departments across the business to ensure that new processes meet their requirements.
- Identify, specify and introduce new manufacturing methods and opportunities into the company
- Represent West at customer meetings to ensure that the needs of the business are met.
- Assist with the training and development of personnel at all levels of West on new processes or systems introduced to the company.
- Ensure that the procedures and systems are in place to facilitate the introduction of new processes and equipment.
- Take the role of technical expert in relation to process equipment and develop the understanding and competency of the business to meet the requirements of customers.
- Lead and manage a high performing team to deliver the defined business goals & objectives.
- Identification and development of talent to include performance management and succession planning.
- Coaching / development of the employees using development and retention plans as appropriate.
- Act in accordance with the company’s Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.
- Must have a minimum of a Degree (level 8) in a suitable Engineering subject (Preferably in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering) and at least 5+ years’ experience.
- Must have knowledge of 3D modeling packages
- Must have high level knowledge Barcode Scanning & RFID Automatic Identification and Data Capture used in High Volume Manufacturing.
- Must have previous experience in equipment integration and high volume product handling
- Must have a very good knowledge of manufacturing automation, machine design, development and validation process. Excellent understanding on GAMP 5 guidelines will also be an advantage.
- Preferably have a knowledge of Robotics.
- Preferably have a knowledge of EU-GMP.
- Preferably worked in either the medical, packaging or technological industries with a good understanding of the regulatory requirements and exposure to serialization.
- Must have experience in a customer facing environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Understanding of MS Project would be a distinct advantage as would certification in a project management discipline i.e. PMP (Project Management Professional).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to travel as required by the position.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks; must be detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments and levels of employees.
- Injection molding experience
- High volume manufacturing
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Travel - Approximately 20%
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.