Our client, a large multinational based in North County Dublin, requires a Mechanical Engineer. This is a permanent role within a high paced engineering team.
The position requires a proven ability to design and validate technical solutions to enhance product and process capability in a manufacturing environment. This role requires an individual with a strong aptitude for mechanical and systems level thinking. We are looking for people with good automation and design skills, not candidates from a project management background.
The right candidate will act as a key technical lead and decision maker in supporting both internal and external activities in the manufacturing / support of medical diagnostic instrumentation. They will be required to provide product design solutions to enhance process capability and the performance of installed product at customer sites.
Candidates must have the ability to structure, plan, prioritize and deliver their own work. Experience in technically directing cross functional teams for product and process design including all necessary validation activities and a proven ability in structured problem solving, design for robustness & cost reduction is required.
The role will report to a Principal Engineer
- To provide complete mechanical design solutions to improve product performance and reliability including all verification and validation activities including DFM considerations
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing and test of medical instrumentation product platforms in a low volume, high complexity and highly regulated technology environment.
- A deep technical competency in the area of mechanical / electro mechanical / automation design is required with a proven ability to design parts, assemblies, jigs, fixtures & test equipment. Familiarity in optics, biochemistry and/or statistics an advantage.
- Troubleshooting capability required to analyze problems to root cause with a structured approach and fully develop solutions, including all associated planning and design verification and validation activities.
- An ability to work across a significant subset of the key technologies involved in modern instrumentation such as fluidics, molding, electro-mechanics, software, electronics, optics, machining, metal fabrication etc.
- Incumbent will be considered a local process owner, be able to develop and manage systems of metrics for manufacturing and projects. Complete systems analysis and develop projects to drive continuous improvement in key metric’s in alignment with Lean, 6 Sigma, Design Robustness Principles and A3 Problem Solving Principles. Incumbent may be a member of several project teams working with Manufacturing Engineering, CPE, Q.A. R&D, Service and Continuous Improvement.
- Participate in the continuous development of the quality system, including standard operating procedures (SOP’s), workflow development, product and process validations coupled with the ability to write concise technical reports.
- Support new product introduction and technology transfer initiatives from design through to maturation of product and process. Familiar with Product Lifecycle Management control systems for configuration control.
Qualifications/Skills/Experience for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with minimum 3 years mechanical design engineering experience. Bachelor’s degree in alternative disciplines will be considered if balanced by relevant engineering experience.
- High paced strong mechanical engineering background with a proven record in the design / redesign of equipment.
- Structured analysis skills with experience in complex technical trouble shooting
- Must be experienced in 3D CAD packages (Solidworks, NX etc.)
- Excellent communications skills- written and verbal skills are required.
- Practical experience of supplier or manufacturing fabrication processes is desirable.
- Some experience in a modern world class manufacturing disciplines (lean, six-sigma, DOE) desirable.
If you have the required skills for this role, we want to hear from you.
Call Cormac Spencer on 01 845 6312 for more info
Speak to the Experts with the Best Mechanical Engineering jobs in Dublin
01 845 6312