Purpose of the Post
- The Staff Nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to the highest professional and ethical standards within the model of nursing care practiced in the hospital. The staff nurse will provide holistic, person centred care, promoting optimum independence and enhancing the quality of life for service users.
Details of Service
- The service provides general care of the elderly with some elderly rehabilitation and respite service
- The client group is care of the older persons ( > 65 years) with some rehabilitation
- The team structure is interdisciplinary; including Clinical Nurse Managers, Staff Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Medical Officer as well as Consultant Physician and Geriatricians. The Health and Social Care Professionals are made up of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists and Social Worker, Dietician. Household staff also play an important role in the service
- People are admitted from the local hospitals, home and community services
- The post holder is professionally accountable to the Director of Nursing or designated officer Will report to the Clinical Nurse Manager 1 or 2 or designated officer
Qualifications and/or experience
Be registered in the Register of Nurses maintained by An Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland)
Or be entitle to be so registered
Have the clinical and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role
Note: Post holders must maintain annual registration with Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (Nursing Midwifery Board Ireland)
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Post Specific Requirements, additional qualifications and/or experience required
Any post specific requirement will be indicated at job offer stage, in line with service need
Skills, competencies and/or knowledge
- Demonstrate practitioner competence and professionalism in order to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role
- Practices nursing care safely and effectively, fulfilling her/his professional responsibility within her/his scope of practice
- Display evidence-based clinical knowledge in making decisions regarding client care
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development
- Demonstrate evidence of effective planning and organising skills
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships including the ability to work effectively as part of a multi disciplinary team
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing a quality service
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to empathise with and treat patients, relatives and colleagues with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including sufficient command of the English language so as to effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role
- Practices in accordance with legislation affecting nursing practice
- Demonstrate an awareness of developments within the HSE
- Demonstrate knowledge of the HSE Transformation Programme
- Demonstrate a willingness to engage and develop IT skills relevant to the role
Leopardstown Park Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.