- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience in technical support, professional services, software development, or product operations management.
- Experience managing and advocating for customer issues or needs.
- System Administrator level knowledge of Linux/Unix or Windows systems.
- Understanding of one or more Internet technologies: web-tech, email, networking, IP telephony, identity, and HTML5.
- Experience designing and managing large distributed system.
- Experience working with SQL and ability to join, aggregate, and filter tables of some complexity. Experience designing and managing large distributed system.
- Ability to quickly prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent attention to detail, troubleshooting, and written and verbal communication skills within a fast-paced setting.
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
Our Technical Solutions Engineers step in and own our largest and most important customer issues to solve production issues on customer’s business critical applications. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24x7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little customer effort as possible.
You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You use your first hand experience to identify the root problem and improve supportability by working with a team of engineers and product managers. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes, and documentation. Our Google Cloud Support Engineers are driven by customer obsession: you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Manage the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis, to identify and resolve future issues quickly.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work closely with multiple product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the product, and interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production.
- Proactively understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross functional teams like Product Management or Software Engineering.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.