Ergo are seeking a Network Design Engineer with a background in Telemetry for an initial 6 month contract in Dublin. The successful Network Design Engineer will lead, designs coordinate and implement the modernization and optimization of telemetry systems for a well-known public body.
Candidates should have industry certification and experience developing resilient solutions in remote environments. Excellent daily rates apply with a projected start date of July.
- Works with cross functional teams and external stakeholders, and reports in technical and non-technical contexts as required.
- Leads, designs, coordinates and implements modernization and optimization of telemetry from dial-up to SDWAN and APN, including in remote / field environments
- Liaises and works with vendors to integrate dedicated telemetry equipment, scientific field monitoring equipment, and associated power backup systems in the network
- Installs or upgrades network software/firmware and hardware, including in remote / field locations
- Maintains, supports and troubleshoots network systems to resolve connectivity issues
- Develops solutions based on efficient integration with current Government Networks and other national infrastructure with a focus on resilient solutions optimized for remote locations and harsh environments
- Adheres to and promotes best security practices in the relevant area
- Tests, documents and transfers knowledge of both standard and customized features of telemetry and data transfer systems in the new network.
- 4+ years in a similar role
- Full clean Driver’s License
- Relevant industry certification
- Fluent English and no work restrictions (EU Passport or Stamp 4 Visa)