Job Title: Electrical Site Supervisor
Reporting to: Contracts Manager
As an MDE Electrical Site Supervisor, you will be a key member of the MDE Installations team and will play a crucial role delivering high quality installs on many prestigious commercial / industrial electrical installation projects across Ireland & the UK. Your key responsibilities are to ensure the safety and quality of all installations by carrying out the required works, managing teams and ensuring that all relevant paperwork is completed in a timely and professional manner.
The responsibilities of this Electrical Site Supervisor role include overseeing electrical work and site electricians, scoping work and ordering materials, issuing permits and ensuring electrical safety rules are followed.
· Job scoping
· Visit sites before schemes start to measure up and order materials
· Liaise with colleagues and supervisors on timeframe and labour requirement
· Write RAMS for jobs
· Collate site M&E drawings
· Authorised person responsibilities
· Complete initial electrical site safety report before each job commences
· Issue permits when required
· Oversee electricians or electrical subcontractors, issue commissioning engineers permits and assist with commissioning phase
· Complete electrical site safety audits and electrical completion paperwork
· Ensure safe working practices and electrical safety rules are followed by electricians on site
· Ensure electricians’ job sheets are collected and van sheets are completed and authorised
· Ensure NICEIC / Safe Electric certificates are fully completed and issued to Qualified Supervisor for signoff
Key measures & targets:
· Manage purchasing budgets, always ensuring three competitive quotes are obtained.
· Ensure all paperwork is completed as required.
· Completed permits and RAMS returned to Contracts Manager on a weekly basis
· Ensure Outlook calendar is kept up to date.
· Ensure all drawings are procured and issued to site teams for commencement of work.
· Ensure minimal wastage is returned to yard upon completion of job.
· Electrical team, including Contracts manager, site supervisors and electricians
· Regional contact for accommodation and training arrangements.
· Buying department and wholesalers.
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Understanding of permit systems
· Good understanding of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
· Experience of scoping jobs and ordering materials
· Ability to read electrical drawings, panel drawings and wiring diagrams
· Industrial / Commercial M&E Knowledge
· Good literacy skills
· 18th edition (Apprenticeship) qualified electrician
· CSCS ECS card
· SSSTS or SMSTS
· Proactive thinking with an enthusiastic character
· Well organised and able to meet deadlines
· Excellent people management skills
· Experience of the commercial / industrial, healthcare, education, water/waste water industry
· Test and Inspection 2394/2395 (2391)
Competitive Salary and opportunities for training.
MDE Installations - Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
MDE Installations provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or membership of the Traveller community and all other grounds protected by legislation.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent