West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working by the side of its customers from concept to patient, West creates products that promote the efficiency, reliability and safety of the world's pharmaceutical drug supply. West is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania, and supports its customers from locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. West's 2018 sales of $1.7 billion reflect the daily use of approximately 112 million of its components and devices, which are designed to improve the delivery of healthcare to patients around the world.
This role supports multiple customer accounts in all market units as needed with moderate guidance and direction. It provides technical assistance relating to West’s products, processes and services portfolio and assists in identifying and closing sales opportunities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support West Customers in technical matters relating to:
- Drug-closure compatibility
- Packaging recommendations
- Component processing
- Product/packaging development
- Extractable/leachables and other test requirements
- Complementary systems, such as devices, safety administration systems etc.
- Other information as needed to help assure West products will meet their requirements.
- Take a proactive role as technicial interface between the customer and West's functions:
- Be an active part of the account teams
- Support development of commerical strategies for products/services and customers
- Represent the Voice of Customer to the West organization
- Update the Sales teams on technical issues/projects within customers:
- Interface with customers and account managers to obtain the background information and customer's technicial requirements on projects
- Advise on the status of and drive/follow up on technical aspects of internal and external customer-linked projects
- Promote, present and actively participate in growing West business:
- Prepare technicial presentations
- Conduct technicial seminars/symposiums with customers
- Educate customers on product applications
- Share industry insights with customers
- Participate in external thought leadership:
- Write blogs and journal articles for publication
- Attend and participate in tradeshows, conferences and seminars, with presentations to customers / industry as needed
- Act as a liaison between customers, Sales and West Analytical Laboratories.
- Build expertise in key market knowledge areas over and above the internal trainings.
- Provide specific technicial training to West employees as assigned.
- Work closely with QA and Operations on change control and assist customers with technicial aspects of change and FAQ as needed.
- Work closely with all other members of Global Technicial Customer Support team to assure open communication and a high level of effectiveness.
- Required Qualifications/Experience:
- Education or Equivalent Experience: Bachelor's in a technical field (Chemistry/Biology/Engineering) or Master's and 1-2 years of experience in related fields, eg. pharmaceutical or medical devise industry.
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in technical support, analytical laboratory, research & development of engineering role.
- Skills & Competencies: Proactive, competitive, presentation, problem solving, communication, analytical, prioritization, detail oriented, technicial, personal accountability
- With a moderate level of guidance, works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to comprehend technical information
- Experience in technical support, analytical laboratory, research & development, or engineering role.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to connect with others and manage relationships
- Ability to utilize sound judgement and manage multiple priotities with a sense of urgency
- Ability to identify internal and external client needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Posses the fluidity to balance muliple priorities
- Ability to work in a virtual environment in a global organization
- Excellent English language skills (written/oral)
- Willingness to global travel
- 15-20% travel
- Office environment
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.