Ornua is Ireland’s largest exporter of Irish dairy exporting to over 110 countries with annualised sales of over €2 billion. Operating from 19 subsidiaries worldwide and employing over 2,300 staff, Ornua has sales and marketing teams working in-market across all four corners of the globe from Algiers to Beijing to Lagos and LA.The business is structured across two core platforms: Ornua Foods and Ornua Ingredients.
Ornua Foods owns the iconic Kerrygold brand, as well as the Pilgrims Choice, Dubliner, Forto and BEO Milk Powder brands.Ornua Ingredients supplies superior quality dairy ingredients to leading global food manufacturers from some of the world’s most technically advanced manufacturing and prepacking facilities located in Africa, China, Ireland, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Spain, the UK and the US.
At Ornua, we Grow Together by investing in the development of our people and providing great people leadership for all. We Achieve Together through valuing collaboration, innovation and diversity and by empowering our people to make decisions. We Belong Together by staying true to our co-operative roots, valuing each other's individual differences and remaining humble in our interactions with each other and our customers.
We want to find people that understand and work with heart, with thought with vision, with drive – Ornua’s core values.
The Head of Customer Service is a critical position within the global Ornua commercial operations network. While reporting to the MD Ornua Ingredients Ireland (OII) in Dublin, the successful candidate will work collaboratively not only within the OII Ireland senior management team, but will also build and maintain strong working relationships with Ornua’s global BU’s across both Foods and Ingredients Divisions. The Head of Customer Service will be responsible for effectively managing customer service, logistics and supply chain activities and resources; driving change and operational improvements, and ensuring excellent standards of delivery to all Ornua’s customers serviced from Dublin within our Foods and Ingredients divisions.
A significant part of this role will be the introduction and implementation of significant, positive change in both systems and processes within Ornua’s Customer Service delivery model.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and be fully accountable for managing the export order-execution for product shipments to our global subsidiaries and customers from Dublin
- Lead a Customer Service team that consists of logistics and documentation specialists
- Develop a high performing cross-functional, customer-focussed team with a “can-do” culture to support the growth strategy within Ornua
- Develop a set of specific working metrics and KPI’s and present to the Leadership team on a weekly and monthly basis i.e. Customer Service Score, On Time in Full etc.
- Create a strong “on-the-job” work-ethic and collaborative style of working
- Provide people leadership and a clear vision and direction to the Customer Service team
- Provide clear reporting within OII SLT and to other senior stakeholders
- Represent Customer Service on Ornua’s global transformation programme “Project Evolve” – driving transformation projects, providing customer services expertise and balancing project management with operational demand
- Introduce and implement significant change within process and systems to monitor, track and improve business performance within Ornua Customer Service
- Promote a continuous improvement culture and support group wide continuous improvement initiatives that will add value to service delivery
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Supply Chain or a similar field
- Significant experience in change management and system and process implementation
- 10 + years’ experience managing a high performing customer service team with strong people management skills, with the ability to provide the direction, support and motivation required to create a high-commitment and high-performing team
- Strong finance management capability and commercial operational expertise
- Must have strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Bilingual proficiency is desirable
- Rigour - As a functional subject matter expert or strategic lead, applies effective professional skill, analysis, decision making, planning and reviewing
- Working Together - Creates and reinforces a co-operative culture within the organisation and sets up external strategic alliances/partnerships
- Communicative - Communicates in an inspirational way
- Customer Focus - Anticipates customers’ strategic needs and challenges; builds strategic partnerships with customers