Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Then come to Maxim Integrated and be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible.
Join our team and experience Maxim– a highly successful, $2.3 billion company with offices and manufacturing sites around the world. We develop the high-performance analog and mixed-signal electronic products that are in the latest cars, smartphones, wearables, hearables, gaming devices, robots, factories, IOT devices, the cloud, and more.
From the day we first opened our doors in 1983, we’ve attracted and nurtured some of the best problem solvers, creative thinkers, and innovators in the business. Every day, we’re empowering design innovation and overcoming the toughest engineering challenges, enabling our customers to create the solutions that define and shape our world. And, we do this in a culture where bold thinking, teamwork, growth and community involvement are recognized and rewarded.
Job Description Summary:Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment, or other hardware systems and/or electrical engineering applications. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability. May also review vendor capability to support product development.
· Maxim will build on your IC design experience with ongoing training and mentorship in IC design. This will be conducted while developing real products that Maxim will take to market. There will be an opportunity to focus on specialties and develop your career in areas such as
o Precision analog circuit design
o Integrate power analog design
o Digital circuit design
o Mixed signal verification
· Opportunities to mentor more junior staff and provide technical leadership on projects
· Participate in product definition and planning of a semi-conductor product’s development and introduction to the market
· Perform design of analog/digital circuits and chip level integrations with consideration of design yield, design for testability and functional safety.
· Perform verification of circuits and ICs, using advance mixed signal techniques to ensure function and performance.
· Perform evaluation of ICs in the lab when they return from fabrication.
· BSEE + 4 years / MSEE + 2 years of experience as IC designer or closely aligned role
· A collaborative nature and desire to work as part of small teams focused on delivery of an IC
· Ability to travel globally to collaborate with other Maxim sites (up to 10% of the time).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· MSEE with 2-4 years of experience as IC designer or closely aligned role, or
· PHD relevant to IC design and up to 2 years of experience as an IC designer or closely aligned role
· Proficiency with Cadence analog design environment, including schematic entry, layout, analog and mixed-signal simulation / or Proficiency with Digital Design and verification tool flows
· Exposure to DC-DC switching power such as Buck, Boost converters.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Education:Bachelors - Electronics and Communication Engineering
Work Experience:Non - Manager
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Eligible for Relocation:No
Eligible for Work Visa Sponsorship:No
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations; including but not limited to US Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), or US Treasury Regulations. If required, placement is contingent on Maxim’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Maxim is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.