Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We will only achieve our mission if we live our culture. We start with becoming learners in all things—having a growth mindset. Then we apply that mindset to learning about our customers, being diverse and inclusive, working together as one, and—ultimately—making a difference in the world.
The Sales Academy will empower learners from diverse backgrounds of education, skillset, and lived experiences with the sales skills needed for tomorrow. During this program (up to six months), apprentices will participate in various courses designed to build and develop the skills necessary to support our customers’ digital transformations. At the conclusion of the program, graduates of the Sales Academy should possess the foundation necessary to join the Digital Sales organization.
We’re looking for customer-obsessed, solution-oriented team members who will move on after the program to work directly with customers, your sales team, and implementation partners to achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas - closing net-new business, fostering a positive and collaborative experience for prospective customers to learn about, engage with, and implement Microsoft products. You will have direct interaction with customers to understand their needs and identify opportunities that meet the minimum qualification criteria for sales.
- Be the main (and often first) point of contact for Microsoft's customers from lead to purchase, leading the sales strategy, overcoming objections, and negotiating success
- Achieve quota and revenue targets across Microsoft business and solution areas based on assigned targets; drive customer satisfaction
- Set the foundation for long term customer relationships
- Engage with customers to determine their needs and identify opportunities to fulfill their needs with Microsoft technologies
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities
- Identify and explain how businesses can use Microsoft technologies to meet a new bar for excellence
- Leverage social, digital, video, chat, phone, and demonstration environments to effectively reach, sell to, and manage Microsoft customers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Desired career path in sales
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and verbal communications skills and the ability to successfully communicate through a variety of mediums (phone, email, video calls, etc.)
- Solid time management and the ability to work independently or under supervision with a high level of integrity
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to travel 0 – 25%
- Fluent Norwegian is a mandatory requirement for this position
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.