As a Barclays Regulatory Relations Analyst you will be working within the EMEA Regulatory Relations team supporting the core businesses and functions to effectively deliver a programme of work for EU regulators and to manage senior level relationships with those regulators.
You will have the opportunity to become a trusted advisor on regulatory and supervisory developments.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
- Supporting, Analyzing and Reporting for Day-to-Day (Scheduled) Regulator Engagement
- Coordinating and drafting of internal communications and briefs for BAU regulator meetings
- Attending meetings with regulators and senior staff, drafting meeting note and ensuring completion of any follow up actions after the meeting
- Engaging with EU regulators outside of scheduled supervisory engagement
- Supporting the provision of strategic advice on supervisory topics and engagement with regulators
- Developing relationships with key personnel in covered businesses and Functions in order to share knowledge and identify regulatory themes
- You will use client relationship management technology platform (BRES) to record and facilitate reporting of regulatory engagement
- Drafting and preparation of MI, updating template information and reports and information on regulatory matters for relevant governance and senior-level management
- Strong academic qualifications, ideally Legal, Economics or Finance degree or equivalent experience
- Experience and knowledge of the European & Irish regulatory framework, ideally prudential regime (capital, liquidity, financial stability, and/or recovery & resolution)
- Familiarity with banking sector regulatory reforms, including Banking Union
- Strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to multi-task, turnaround requests quickly, and work at high pace whilst maintaining accuracy
- Exposure to blue chip financial services organization would be beneficial
- Experience from a European regulatory authority, such as European Central Bank, BaFin, Bundesbank, Central Bank of Ireland, Banca D’Italia, or Banque de France
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.