Applications are invited for the following permanent vacancy based in the Operations Function in Dublin.
We are the people behind Ireland’s national electricity grid. We make sure that every home, business, school, hospital, factory and farm has power - when and where they need it.
And that’s just the beginning of our story. We are now transforming the power system for future generations. Be part of the change.
Our focus is on safety, security and reliability. Our work environment is challenging, fast-moving, collaborative and team-orientated. Our culture is driven by performance, knowledge and continual development. Our people are committed to reducing Ireland’s reliance on fossil fuels and making decarbonisation a reality – while providing a safe and reliable electricity supply in a way that secures the future for those who follow us.
Our future has never looked more exciting. And this is an incredible opportunity to be part of it. The world is ready for change. If you are too, join us. Your Role
The successful candidate will provide analysis support and subject matter expertise to all operational teams in the Operations directorate. The role holder is also responsible for investigating and resolving general and formal queries from market participants in line with agreed timelines. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance standards are met across the team (Market Codes & Agreed Procedures)
- Manages quality control aspects with the day to day Settlement processing, including automation of checklists.
- Development of tools to assist with the day to day Settlement processing and cashflows
- Supports the team lead in the coordination and management of daily settlement tasks and training of team members
- Plays a lead role in assessing the materiality of data queries, prioritising solutions and making recommendations
- Owns and leads projects or parts of larger initiatives and works with others to ensure projects meet deadlines and overall objectives
- Plans and coordinates tasks and projects, coordinating work with the Operational Analysts
- Analyses and presents external and internal data / analysis to identify important trends so that it can be easily understood and utilised by the organisation and market participants
- Reviews and revises the content/format of management reports and the maintenance and development of the teams reporting systems including KPIs
- Represents the team lead at functional system meetings
- Coordinates and manages User Acceptance Testing for new system releases
- Uses own initiative and knowledge to undertake complex analysis to troubleshoot operational issues and ensure that the right business solution is agreed and implemented
- Supports the training and development of the Operational Analysts
- Designs and develops tools to extract the necessary data to investigate queries
- Liaises with third party vendors and internal teams, to coordinate change requests and manage system issues
- Coordinates communications with market participants and manages queries in line with agreed timelines
- In cases where the materiality is of a significant scale makes recommendations to management, and implements agreed course of action
- Identifies common errors, educates staff, updates business processes, work instructions and training documentation where appropriate
- Develops business processes to support day to day settlement
- Reviews the data analysis work of the Operational Analysts
Critical knowledge, skills and experience:
Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
At least 4 years relevant technical experience
Excellent presentation skills
Experience gained in acting as an area representative at a senior level, or potential to act in this capacity
Effective communicator and excellent report writing capability
Experience of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Ability to work effectively within a team environment with a flexible approach
Strong working knowledge of Settlement aspects of the relevant codes/rule books, processes, procedures and systems is desirable
Experience of SQL, VB and database structures
Strong attention to detail and quality orientation
Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving capability
Experience working within a regulated business is desirable
If you believe you have the skills and experience to take up this position, please upload your application (CV with cover letter in one document) no later than 18th January 2021.
Eirgrid is an equal opportunities employer.