Responsibilities and tasks
1. Support sonographers in their duties, training requirements and daily tasks to produce a high-quality Ultrasound service.
2. Work with the Medical Director, Regional Managers ensuring good Clinical Governance system to ensure the delivery of the highest possible standard of care to patients.
3. Align workforce to customer demands and regional needs to meet contractual requirements with hospitals and referrers. This will involve meeting assigned targets
4. Oversee Rostering for sonographers in conjunction with the Coordinator.
5. Profitably execute the ultrasound business with the management team in Ireland to deliver strong financial performance.
6. Support HR in recruitment and retention of a high-quality clinical workforce.
7. Help identify new business opportunities.
8. Develop new and maintaining existing working relationships with outside organizations, including the medical community, referring physicians, and the media.
9. To support and further develop a culture of continuous development that is supported by education/training, research and supporting staff to keep up to date with the latest imaging techniques.
10. Work alongside the Medical Director and RGM supporting a cultural climate that has open and honest discussions about clinical quality and continually strives to provide the best possible ultrasound service to our patients.
11. Accountable for ensuring that ultrasound staff comply with JCI clinical standards and prepare accordingly for accreditation. Implement and manage clinical procedure and policy in conjunction with senior management team.
12. Participate in the staff development and individual performance review process.
13. Respond to any concerns from doctors or their practices efficiently and accurately.
14. Working closely with the Radiologist group to resolve any issues.
15. Work closely with the RIS PACS Manager, to resolve any queries.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.